Friday, July 5, 2013

Reflection - Campus Based Intern Hours and Action Research Plan

Campus-Supervised Internship Activities – Reflection:
When I first started the program and saw how many hours we needed to complete for our internship, I thought it was going to be really difficult to accumulate 150 hours.  As I look back over the list of tasks I have completed or am in the process of completing, I have well over 75 hours.  My site supervisor is not my principal.  I am actually working with our district’s Special Programs Director.  She is the current CTE Director for our district as well, so most of my hours deal with assisting her or leading CTE monthly meetings.  Part of my assignment from her is to develop an online course catalog and course sequences for our district.  I am in the process of putting together an advisory board for our CTE department.  I am serving on the district’s technology committee.  We are developing a new Technology Use Policy for the district that will take into account the new iPads that teachers and students will have access to in the fall.  Other assignments have included coordinating and budgeting prom, attending a school board meeting, working a job fair at Sam Houston State University, observing and discussing observations with other teachers, and working with the technology and curriculum directors in developing classes for our July in-service meetings.  Working with these three directors helps me begin to create the path I want to take when finished with this program.
I have enjoyed doing school work that is not in the classroom specifically directed at students.  I look forward to more opportunities in the fall and spring of the upcoming school year.
Action Research Project Update and Reflection:
My action research project is off to a slow start.  I am also going to have to tweak some things due to CScope changes.  According to the timeline I set for myself, I should have started preliminary work at the end of April and beginning of May.  However, due to testing, UIL, Prom (which takes a lot more work than you would think), and breaking my leg, I got very little done.  I missed a week of school with the broken leg, and after that it was time for end of year procedures.  I am going to revamp my project and regroup with the intention of starting fresh in August.  One thing I have done on my project is look at state test scores for CTE students; however, I have not done the analysis I should have done.  I know that the action research project I have proposed could benefit the students at the high school so I will continue to work and research to make that happen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment